It’s a pee that Teddy Bear will probably never forget.
Last Thursday, the 2-year-old Bull Mastiff was nearly electrocuted when he relieved himself on a light pole in a local park on Hoboken, New Jersey that was missing the metal plate meant to cover its wiring.
According to the owner, Teddy Bear came in contact with an exposed wire in the light pole and immediately jumped into the air, laying on the ground motionless.
The owner called the police, who arrived to find Teddy Bear had thankfully regained consciousness and did not seem to be badly injured.
The police then inspected the light pole, which had a section near the base with exposed wiring. Police noted that it had been taped over with electrical tape, but had become compromised over an unknown amount of time.
According to a City Parks Department official, the base plate of the light pole was stolen and was taped over because the part can no longer be replaced.
The official also stated that all light poles in the park have now been checked and caution tape has been placed around the poles that are missing plates.