Top 10 Trendiest Dog Names

Vetstreet.com has released a list of the top 10 trendiest names for male and female dogs in the last 10 years. The idea for the list came while researchers were putting together the most popular pet names. During this process, they started noticing certain trends, in particular nicknames became more prominent and a move away from unisex names such as, Fido, Fluffy, Rover.

Dogs (male):

5. Izzy
6. Layla
7. Lulu
8. Ellie
9. Piper
10. Mia

Comments

1. Rosemary says

I have a ferret named Layla Lulu. 2 of the top female dog names. My other one is named Kookie, female too.

2. Ciara says

I’ve never seen mine on any list! I have a ChiPom named Bijou :) (French for little jewel or trinket… Pronounced bee-shoo) :)

3. Janette Hamilton says

I rescue and rehabilitate dogs, and have done so for over twenty years, there is only one name on these two lists that we have ever given a dog. We had a cattle dog cross a few years back named Mhya (Mia is close as both sound the same when pronounced.) I guess that means we have given our rescues unique names!

4. Wtiger says

We just rescued a redbone coonhound and named him Virgil. Now, if I can only discourage him from baying at every leaf that falls…

5. Nova says

I Have A Yorkie That I Named Geronimo He Is the Cutest Thing!!!! I Am Planning On Getting Another Dog Any Name Suggestions??

6. Maria carrasco says

I getting a new little Pom puppy tomorrow it’s a girl and I am Mexican I don’t know any cute names for her she tiny