SPOKANE, Wash. – More meatballs thought to have been poisoned were found in a Spokane neighborhood after at least three dogs there died Friday upon eating earlier batches.
Several more batches were found Monday on streets in the South Hill neighborhood, KREM-TV reported, though no more pets were reported to have died or fallen ill.
On Friday, a woman saw her dog eat some meatballs on the street and then go into convulsions before dying. A man also had two of his dogs die Friday after eating the meatballs.
The Humane Society of the United States is offering a $2,500 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of whoever is responsible.
Washington State University is testing the meatballs to determine if they contained poison.