Most Popular Dog Names Of 2011

Max is Number 2, but Remy is nowhere to be found.

Max is Number 2, but Remy is nowhere to be found.

Petfinder has announced the most popular dog names from 2011. “Buddy” continues to dominant the doggy world for the fifth year in a row. The Twilight saga seems to have some influence over dog owners, as the name “Bella” appears high on the list.

Dog Names

1. Buddy

2. Max

3. Daisy

4. Bella

5. Lucy

6. Molly

7. Charlie

8. Jack

9. Sadie

10. Rocky

Comments

1. Doggy Owner says

I wouldn’t have thought that my dog’s name was on here, we don’t normally run into many Sadies in Michigan.

2. lulu says

Maggiemaye Marie, Rufus Raymond, Preston Kahn, Scarlett Roxanne, Amigo Newman, Scout Alan, Jelly Bean “Ms.Bean”….Yes I am a dog lover :)

• Lisa J says

I also like people names for my animals right now I have Quinn, Danny, Jake, Cindy and Buddy (he came with his name) and my cats, Dezi and Lucy and my previous dogs have been Cosmo, Jackson, Chelsea, Annie and Surprise (she also came with her name) love them all.

3. diane s. says

had a great dog”shoestring”  we still mourn her!  also “mugsy”  and  “bbd” short for big black dog

4. Sleepswithdogs says

Nothing wrong with people names for dogs :) I have a Mountain Cur, a Black-and-Tan Coonhound mix and an ancient found Baglehound. They are Nero, Homer and Papa. None of their names are on the “popular” list.

5. Martyfarmer says

I have a Jorja, Chester and now also a Tebow.   I was very undecided whether to get this new puppy and told myself that if the Broncos beat Chicago a few weeks ago that I would go get her and name her Tebow and by golly they came back to win that game.  Tebow is sound asleep on my lap.  :-)

6. Bee says

I have black Pom named Nina. Nickname: Gina Belle. My Holly, passed 10-9-11 her nickname was PoePoe. LOVE all the names mentioned above!!! DOGGIES ROCK!!! :D

7. Bee says

8. Peggy Sue says

Have 2 standard poodles….Maggie Mae & Bobby McGee……5 cats…. Dixie, Sweet Georgia Brown, Delilah (adopted out), Cecilia, Elvira & Bad, Bad Leroy Brown…….

9. Xogoonie4life says

I know no dogs! I know a Violet, a Flash, Mable, Maggie, Aspen, Coal, Fiona, Mocha, Bentley, Peppy, Gidgit, Hazel…  lol.

I’ve got 2 Bostons Shania and Oscar and a Great Dane called Harlee.  I think you have to look at the dog and see what they are and if they like the name.  Despite what some people think they do care.

11. Suezboo says

I once knew a tiny fluffy white Maltese Poodle called Fang. His owner thought it might help butch him up a bit.

12. Gr8wa3 says

My Great Dane, Stella Blue had 12 puppies one Mother’s Day..  I kept a female named Cassidy. My newest is Fire – Fire on the Mountain.  Yes, I am a Deadhead.

13. Teresajester53 says

Got a little boy lhasa-poo on Super Bowl Sunday…named him Brady…guess we shoulda named him Eli!