What Are The Top Ten Dog Breeds In The USA?

The American Kennel Club has announced the ten top dog breeds in the USA. Here’s the list.

1. Labrador Retriever

2. German Shepherd Dog

3. Yorkshire Terrier

4. Beagle

5. Golden Retriever

6. Bulldog

7. Boxers

8. Dachshunds

9. Poodles

10. Shih Tzu

Comments

• Sumary98 says

Yeah, I thought there would be border collies,too.
      I love border collies, but I guess there people don’t keep border collies much…
      Well, I bet if they go for the smartest 10, border collies would be in top 3.

I was a little disappointed Siberian Huskies didn’t make the list, but then I realised is that a good thing? I mean Huskies are rather complicated dogs to keep, and a higher than average amount of them end up in kennels and stuff. I’m sure once a breed hits the top three every family out there is probably going to go buy one, if they haven’t already. Which would increase the amount of abandoned Huskies incredibly.

2. Lisa Ann Myatt says

I had the Labrador retriever, Yorkshire terrier, and we have our Sam and beautiful senior Golder retriever who we just love. All awesome dog’s but the bigger dogs are best with children.

• Crazelpup says

What a LIE! saying bigger dogs are better with kids is utter… anyway… you see kids killed by pittbulls and big dogs every day on the news. How many yorkies have killed people?

• songlilly says

just because a Yokie has a hard time killing someone… doesnt mean he wont try. ALL dogs can be aggressive. Please do some REAL research before you talk about any large breed again, kk? tyvm.

• Falynn says

Umm, apparently you haven’t met too many pit bulls. Try reading the book about Michael Vick’s dogs ‘The Lost Dogs’ and checking out some people who work very hard to train and re-home well-deserved pit bulls who just want a forever home just like ANY dog. BAD RAP worked with the Vick dogs and still does tremendous work for the breed. Like Songlilly said, any dog can be aggressive. Most aggression in dogs comes from lack of training or mis-handling.

3. Angel Himmeroder says

Those 10 top breeds come a dime a dozen…I’m a groomer and I see all these breeds, especially Shih Tzu’s….everyone owns one. What about Vezla’s, Havanese, Portugese Water Dogs, Rhodesian Ridgebacks, and Maltese. There are so many other breeds out there

4. Bamabelle10 says

Well, I didn’t really know the 3 dogs I have were in the Top 10! I have a 3 year old Shi-Tzu, a 2 year old Boxer, and a 18 month old German Shepherd. I just like them cause…..I like them! Actually, I love them!

5. Crazelpup says

labrador… UGLY! gsd… gorgeous beagle… cute! labs are so inbred and 75% have a hip problem and 80% of them are overweight! thats not a dog its a mutated beast! not the poor dogs fault, its the breeders that have only one interest… winning shows!

6. tinamarie2130 says

Don’t hate, people – all dogs are awesome and they are as different and unique as their owners. I love them all, pure breeds and every kind of mix. None of them are ugly – they are as beautiful as their hearts….JMHO….